New Romantics Press Author Showcase
Posted by newromantics4
An ‘Author Showcase? So what, you ask?
Friends, let us tell you that four indie authors hosting an Author Showcase in a one of Waterstones flagship London bookstores is no mean feat. It has required determination on our part and the belief and open mindedness of Waterstones to ‘take us on’. On top of that, we’ve produced eight quality novels with proven sales records and have demonstrated our ability to deliver a night no one will forget.
This Author Showcase is the culmination of a dream. One which began two summers ago over lunch with Amanda Grange in Lizzie’s garden. Our path to publication is well documented in our blog but on November the thirteenth we will have exceeded what we hoped to accomplish on that bright summer’s day.
- Written nine books between us
- Created joint and individual blogs
- Established a social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest
- Hosted eight book launches
- Presented two literary lunches for over twenty five guests
- Fronted a Valentine’s Day event at Waterstones Market Harborough
- Been short listed for awards at Lit Festivals
- Appeared on writer panels telling others our road to publication
- Created a professionally edited video of us and our achievements
- All working to write, edit and publish our third/fourth novels in 2014 – 2015
There have been highs and lows on our journey. More highs than lows, overall, and we have kept moving forward. It’s been hard but rewarding work, but we have never lost sight of our main objective – to write the best novels we can and to share them with our expanding readership.
We see this Author Showcase as the culmination of that work and our dream. Thank you for sharing the journey with us.